1) Join us on a Helford River Cruise
Enjoy a 90 minute cruise along the Helford and creeks on a Helford River Cruises, enjoying the wildlife, grand houses and historic fishing villages. Cruise times on 31st March are at 12.30pm and 2pm so there’s even time for a cream tea at the Budock Vean Hotel afterwards!
2) Buy her a Gift Voucher
Can’t make 31st March? No problem we can plan another date for you or she can enjoy opening a gift voucher in a Helford River Cruises Card! Our Gift Vouchers are valid for 12 months and so she’ll have plenty of time to plan her unforgettable experience.
3) Frenchman’s Creek Kayak Adventure
Spend 2 hours kayaking along the Helford River and Frenchman’s Creek with our sister company Koru Kayaking, the tides are perfect so you could join us 1pm or 4pm and even have time for a light lunch or cream tea at the Budock Vean Hotel.
If she’s a Daphne du Maurier fan she will absolutely love you for this as Du Maurier based her novel, of the same name, on Frenchman’s Creek.
3. Rebecca – A haunting tale of a new bride and her move into the family home. Enjoy a coastal walk from Porthpean to Pentewen and see the white house Menabilly, the Maderly of Rebecca. And on the Par–Fowey road is Kilmarth, the original House on the Strand. Neither of these properties is open to the public, although there are several coastal walks passing close by. Filming for the new adaptation of Rebecca, a collaboration between Working Title and Netflix, starts this May. I wonder who will play Mrs Danvers!
4. Daphne du Mauriers home – Fowey see the house where she lived either on foot or by water. Enjoy a full weekend of Daphne du Maurier at the annual Fowey Festival 10-18 May an Arts and Literature Festival hosted by The du Maurier Society.
5. Buy the books in one of our local book shops. Grab a coffee, sit back, relax and enjoy a fabulous read! It’s always good to have a good book on holiday
Just heard filming starts on a new adaptation of Rebecca in May, a collaboration between Netflix and Working Title, so come and experience her inspiration before watching the film!
"HannahMolly" is back in the water.
Over the winter the beautiful "HannahMolly" has under gone a major re-fit with the wooden trim and benches having a make over and a brand new wheel house was built as the old one was getting little tired. Many thanks to Kellan Radford for all his hard work.